Jeroen Stevens completed a Ph.D. dissertation on 22 May 1991 during his training as a doctor at the Erasmus University and the Academic Hospital Dijkzigt in Rotterdam. There he was also trained as a plastic surgeon. Subsequently, Jeroen Stevens worked as a staff member at the Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of the Academic Hospital in Rotterdam and the Sint Franciscus Gasthuis in Rotterdam. During several internships and visits abroad at highly reputable clinics and some of the most well known plastic surgeons in the world in countries including the USA, France, England and Mexico, extensive experience was gained in the reconstructive and above all aesthetic plastic surgery.
Since 2000, he is one of the few plastic surgeons in the Netherlands that has been focusing full-time on cosmetic plastic surgery both clinically and scientifically. He is an active member of the Dutch Association of Plastic Surgery (NVPC). For 10 years he was a member of the board of the Dutch Association for Aesthetic Surgery (NVEPC, the Dutch ISAPS). He is an international member with ISAPS and the EASPS. In the later, he is active in the committee for education and science. He is a co-founder of the DAFPRS (Dutch Association for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, www-dafprs.nl) and has trained more than 55 plastic surgeons from over more than 24 different countriesduring the past 10 year.
He developed new surgical techniques, new instruments (including the ACA kit in collaboration with Arthrex) and new insights into the approach to treating the aging face in
a cause-based manner (the 1.2.3.Dimensional approach). Up to now, he published over 40 scientific peer-reviewed publications. Also, his eBook is available in the iTunes Book
Store (Organic Surgery) for fellow professionals. Currently, 3 Ph.D. students participate in his research team working several preclinical and clinical aspects of ‘Organic Surgery’.
He has held more than 75 scientific international lectures on his own research work and the following topics;
- endoscopic forehead lift (with a special technique to anchor the result to the bone for a very long-lasting result)
- en-bloc MACS-lift (2 / 3rd of a neck-face lift by only half the incision)
- lipofilling (moving the contour and volume and building with body fat), midface-lifting with SOOF-lift (the extensive lower eyelid correction
- fat-retaining upper eyelid corrections (instead of classic eyelid corrections in which hole empty eyes are often left behind by fat resection)
- rhytidectomy en-bloc with explicit vertical vector (en-bloc making you presentable within 2 instead of 12 weeks)
- tummy tucks with an invisible umbilical scar (hidden at the bottom of the new belly button instead of a visible round scar in the middle of the stomach)
- breast lift with the mini-anchor scar (and therefore a very short incision in the breast fold)
- the APTOS or Silhouette lift (unilateral barbed traction sutures making long incisions redundant, particularly effective for lifting the lateral part of the eyebrow)
Currently, dr. Jeroen Stevens and his team focus on;
- the 1.2.3.DIMENSIONAL CONCEPT for a cause-based treatment of the aging face (1D = vertical lift, 2D = skin quality improvement by lipofilling with PRP and a TCA peeling; 3D: volume and contour recovery with lipofilling).
- ORGANIC SURGERY: the use of the body’s own (fat) cells to restore volume and contour, in addition, to repair of damage and treatment of pain by using the ‘abrasion repair cells’ (ASCs, Adipose Stromal Cells) in combination with the signal substances from platelets (PRP = Platelet Rich Plasma)
- He introduced a completely new treatment method in this context: Platelet Rich Stroma (PRS = the Trinity of Repair) and is giving lectures and courses all over the world about this theme.